17 September 2010

buttoned beverage sleeve

Having been busy with work and home, I haven't had a lot of extra time to crochet in the last week. I did however manage to finish another new custom pattern last night. Once again, it isn't the most difficult to make, but it is exactly what I had in mind.

This beverage sleeve works perfect for coffee cups, beer bottles, soda cans, beer cans, and even plastic cups for iced coffees. While I was picking out yarn for a few other projects, I came across a small skein of bamboo yarn that intrigued me and felt great to the touch. Its calm and beautiful blues and warm beige and mocha notes really inspired me to do something hands-on and coffee-related!

I have a few other patterns for coffee-cup jackets and sleeves, but most involve texture. Since this yarn is so fuzzy and fills in area around the stitch, I decided to make a very simple pattern that showcased the yarn and is accented only by two complementary buttons.

This project works up quickly in an hour or two, and is simple enough for someone's first attempt at reading a pattern. It requires very little experience and knowledge of stitches, using only the double crochet, turning, and finishing techniques.

I will have this pattern posted and featured in this blog post as soon as I have a chance to type it up. You will also be able to find it on ravelry.com in the free patterns section.

[insert pattern here]
[insert pattern here]
[insert pattern here]
[insert pattern here]
[insert pattern here]
[insert pattern here]
[insert pattern here]
[insert pattern here]

Love, Rabbit

No comments:

Post a Comment