10 September 2010

cool late summer coasters

I started a new pattern a few nights ago! With summer on a close, I used some colors reflecting warmth yet a sign reflecting the oncoming season. The pattern I used is quite simple, involving the magic adjustable ring, double crochet, and single crochet. It was challenging and fun to continuously work for the same consistency.


I chose three contrasting colors and made four variations. Though I could do two more, I decided to make a set of four. The yarn colors I used are "Sungold" and "Antique Teal" by I Love This Yarn and "Rust" by Lion Brand Vanna's Choice.

The only thing I was not expecting with this pattern was how tight the work turned out to be. I had to buy a very fine yarn needle to work in my ends! A heads up if you choose to use this pattern. Awesome coasters though! I hope to do more color combinations in the future.


You can find the pattern here at Through the Loops! courtesy of Kristen Kapur! She also has some beautiful knit patterns for the ambitious. I originally found the pattern on ravelry.com, as there is always great stuff there!

I rate this pattern as easy/beginner-capable and fun to do in-between tasks during the day or evening! I found myself constantly wanting to go back to work on them. It would also be a great way to use those random color scraps from larger projects.

Love, Rabbit

No comments:

Post a Comment